User Experience Performance Testing from the Cloud
1. Create a performance test that runs in the browser, and test the true user experience under load.
2. From the Appvance UTP Performance Cloud dashboard, click Create.
3. Then click Record a UX Driven Performance Test.
4. Select File, and click New, then click Record.
5. Enter the https://demosite.appvance.com in the Start URL box.
6. Select the browser you wish to use, and click OK.
7. When the browser appears with demosite.appvance.com loaded, enter shirt in the Search box and click Search.
8. Select the Spree Ringer T-Shirt.
9. When the Spree Ringer T-Shirt appears, click Add To Cart.
10.When the Shopping Cart appears, click Checkout.
11. Enter an email address in the email box (fake emails allowed), and click Continue.
12. Enter the billing information (may also use sample data), and click Save and Continue.
13. Return to the Recording window and click Stop (alternatively, you may close the demosite.appvance.com window).
14. Your test should appear similar to the following.
15. Select File, and click Save.
16. Enter MyUXPerformanceScript.ds in the File name box.
17.Click Play and select a browser.
18. After playback completes, click the Logs tab, scroll to the bottom, and confirm Iteration finished! exists.
19. You’re now ready to run your performance test!
20. Click Run, and your recorded test automatically displays in the Test Script box.
21. Optionally adjust the Virtual Users, Test Duration and Start ramp up options.
22. Click Next.
23. Optionally adjust the Think Time and Navigation Timings.
24. Click Next.
25. In the next tutorial you’ll learn how to use DPL to data drive your tests, for now click Next.
26. Click Browse.
27. Enter MyUXPerformanceScenario in the File Name box and click OK.
28. Save & Run Scenario.
29. Monitor the execution live.